HOW not to piss off your cashier and maybe make them actually like you!!!
I will always and forever be fascinated by customer’s weird gender hangups.
I work in a cupcake shop. What most young kids want is Sprinkles (Capital S is important). After that guys tend to be the biggest consumers of the very pink strawberry cheesecake cupcake. But people buying for boys that aren’t there get them a peanut butter cup cupcake.
oddfangirl replied to your post “[[MOR] I feel as I’ve made a very grave mistake. I’ve only been to…”
Bro, no one knows what they’re doing. Especially in college. Just take time to figure it out. You can do it! Wish you all the best.
The thing is I really do want to take the time to figure it out, but at the same time it’s like… there’s money involved. Of course, my scholarship expires the 2015-2016 school year, and ideally, my parents want me out of school by then. I know, I know, “don’t worry about your parents; this is your life; this is your career.”
But they were already so shocked when I told them I left nursing for the English/communications joint major. If I told them I want to switch again, they’d flip shit and worry about how this would affect my graduation plan and how many more loans we’d have to take out. If I do end up changing majors again, I would definitely be off my 4 year graduation plan (there’s no way I can make up the sufficient credit hours for a major in three semesters) and my scholarship would be gone again.
Then again transferring out is always an option.
*deep sigh* I’ll stick it out for the semester, and I’ll know for sure by then where I stand but… I already really miss the sciences. I miss dealing with the human body and numbers and everything that annoyed the crap out of me.
Also, dude, I just want to thank you. I feel like I’ve been ranting my heart out to tumblr lately, and you’re there often enough to make me not feel like a complete whiner. So, thank you. I really appreciate this. <3
oddfangirl replied to your post “THEY APPROVED MY APPEAL I HAVE MY SCHOLARSHIP BACK OMG”
IM SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!!!!
GIRLLL THANK YOU SO MUCHH!! <3
Carth Fucking Onasi.
Can I just take a moment to tell you how much love I have for this character?
I’m not even going to take into consideration his role in the KotOR games and the lovely (but optional) romance your female PC can pursue with him. Nope, instead, I am going to focus on the comics taking place prior to the Jedi Civil War. Because I think there is so much more to him than the unfortunate reputation he garnered in his travels with the Ebon Hawk crew.
Why do I love this BAMF? Let me count the ways (spoilers for the comics follow):
- He earned the nickname Fleet for being the hottest motherfucking spacelift jockey in the Republic Navy. “He could park a tanker on a barstool!”
- He agrees to take stowaway Zayne Carrick (although his identity is unknown to Carth at the time) to Admiral Saul Karath to warn him of Serroco’s destruction.
- Despite Saul’s orders to contact the Council and turn Zayne in (who had been wrongfully accused of killing his fellow Padawans), Carth tries to get a hold of a Jedi named Squint to see if he can vouch for Zayne.
- He ends up not being able to reach Squint, but he nevertheless decides to trust Zayne enough to send out bogus tornado warnings to seventeen cities in hopes that the Stereb would have enough time to flee underground and outlive the attack.
- All of this is despite the fact that Carth has no idea if Zayne’s story is true or not.
- A Mandalorian has his commanding officer in a chokehold and he motherfucking tackles that ass.
- He starts an epic fight with Zayne (disguised as a Mandalorian) as part of a plan to thwart Lord Adasca’s doomsday schemes.
- And maintains his signature humor while doing so. “Well, if I was your kind of ugly, I’d wear a mask, too!”
- He allows Zayne to escape. Twice. Despite losing his bridge post.
- His fucking fantastic piloting skills save everybody’s asses. As usual.
So next time you feel like calling this guy a whiny bitch, you can just stfu. Clearly, his trust issues didn’t start until Saul annihilated Telos, and I’d say that your former mentor destroying your home planet is a pretty fucking good reason to hate the universe.
bless this post. I will defend my orange jacketed handsome thug until my dying day.
bless that picture as well. Carth fucking Onasi indeed.
Carth fucking Onasi, ladies and gentlemen.
Finals week in a nutshell.
Next stage, college: where they tell you what you learned in high school was not completely correct
Then work: where they tell you what you learned in college is useless
i literally never get tired of this post
you know that feeling when nothing’s wrong but nothing’s right either
Did you know it’s National Dog Day? Here’s our mascot for the day.